Winchester City Penguins Swimming Club (WCPSC) is seeking a Head of Development. This role will develop our pathway to ensure that a positive, progressive environment is available for all swimmers. This is an exciting role to really galvanise our swimmers to enjoy the love of swimming.
- Designing and implementing, in collaboration with other coaches, the development swimming pathway in Winchester
- Responsible for planning, coaching, and managing a squad of junior swimmers.
- Help deliver the vision set out by the Head Coach for all coaching aspects of the club.
- Undertake special projects to ensure the continued development of our swimmers that include land training, psychological well-being and development, and team cohesion.
- Support and participate in all aspects of our parent engagement policy.
- Assist the Head Coach with managing the swimming program, identifying ‘gaps’ and target intervention where appropriate.
- Attend designated competitions and give constructive feedback, encouragement, and support to all. Identify potential racing opportunities with local stakeholders if appropriate.
- Provide coaching cover when necessary.
- Administer meet entries for all open meets and attend weekly team meetings.
- Any other duties as required by the needs of the role.
- To ensure, as a WCPSC coach, that you are at the forefront of professional coaching standards and can embrace the latest technology and evidence-based innovation and research.
Employer: Winchester City Penguins Swimming Club
Contract type: Permanent full-time (37 hours per week)
Qualifications: Degree or equivalent, Coaching Swimming: Swimming Coach Certificate or Level 2 Award
Salary: Very competitive especially with expansive experience
Closing date: 29th October 2023
Job reference: CEO/BR/AGC
Process for applications: Please use this form to send your CV with a covering letter explaining your 'Why' Winchester would work for ourselves and you.