Autumn Term 2018 lessons will run from Monday 3rd September to Saturday 22nd December.
There are no lessons during half term (Monday 22nd to Sunday 28th October 2018)
Wednesday 19th September – no lessons at Kings School from 5.00-6.30pm due to Kings Open Evening
(We will not invoice for the above session)
Our teaching is conducted at the highest level, with many of our staff current or former competitive swimmers. Our friendly staff hold ASA qualifications and receive ongoing training and professional development. We believe that water safety and good swimming technique are part of the same journey. Our swimmers develop love and respect for the water, paramount to lifelong safety and fun in all aquatic environments.
A brief overview of our lessons:
- Children are accepted into the programme from three years of age. For pre-school children please enquire about our Little Penguins programme for swimmers under three years of age.
- In the early stage classes, our pupil/teacher ratio is low, often 1:1 or 1:2 in order to provide the support needed for our beginners.
- Lessons are run with a maximum of 8 swimmers per class. Children are assessed on their ability at the end of each term and detailed written progress reports are provided to parents/guardians
- All lessons adhere to the guidance and standards of the ASA ‘learn to swim’ pathway
- Achievement is rewarded through the ASA awards scheme, designed to include water skills, stroke development and distance elements
- In the higher stages we aim to provide opportunities to learn diving, snorkeling, water polo and personal survival skills
- Our programme aims to be fully inclusive for all ages and abilitiesOur learn to swim programme is swim 21 accredited (the ASA kite mark of quality)
- Many of our lessons swimmers choose to progress to squad swimming and compete for the club at County, Regional and National level.
The learn to swim programme is managed by Connie Standen, our lessons manager, who provides a consistent approach across our programme and a link to swimming squads. Many of our team of dedicated and experienced swimming teachers and helpers have competed at County level and higher.
To find out more about our programme and how to join our high quality and Swim21 accredited programme, get in touch.
To enquire about lessons please complete the form below: